If your old computer cannot access the Internet, you can purchase a migration (if you have not already done so) and validate your serial number by accessing our activation web site from some other computer. You can perform this step on your new computer or on a third computer, even if that computer is in another location.
- Make sure the Get Validation Code dialog box is displayed on the old computer. You will need to enter the information that appears on this screen into the Validator page of the activation web site. If the other computer is in another location, you must be able to communicate with someone at that location by phone or some other means.
- Use a Web browser to access the URL (Internet address) that appears on the Get Validation Code dialog box.
- Using the drop-down list, select Move Me as the program you want to register.
- Enter the Network Name that is displayed on the old computer.
- Enter the Session Code that is displayed on the old computer.
- If you already have a valid serial number:
Enter it in the appropriate field and then click the Validate Serial Number button. Move Me validates it and displays a Validation Code.
- If you do not have a valid serial number:
Click the Buy Move Me link to open a second browser window, connect to our e-commerce partner, and purchase a migration. When you complete the purchase, copy the serial number you are given into the Enter the Serial Number field in the first browser window and click the Validate Serial Number button. Move Me validates the number and displays a Validation Code.
Enter the Validation Code on the Get Validation Code screen and click OK.The Enter Serial Number dialog box is re-displayed and the Validation Code is automatically entered in the Enter Serial Number field.
ON THE "VALIDATION" COMPUTER:
ON THE OLD COMPUTER: